Log on as builtin administrator in Vista
If you want to use this account, the first thing you'll have to do is enable the administrator using Computer Management.
But then it still does not show up on the Welcome Screen.
Like in XP, you have to add a registry key to accomplish this.
- Start the registry editor.
- Browse to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
- Create a new key: SpecialAccounts
- In the SpecialAccounts key, create another new key: UserList
- In this key, create a new DWORD value: Administrator
- Set this value to 1